Dec 22, 2009

Cookie-A-Week 1: Snickerdoodles


(sorry for the lateness with this, but life, ya know?)

Now, I am not much of a snickerdoodle fan, but at the pleading of my boyfriend I chose to make a batch of the sugary cinnamony delights. I followed the recipe as best I could, but as I lacked a mixer of any kind, creaming butter and sugar proved to be a challenge, and the dough ended up a bit too sticky.

I am sure the recipe is not at fault, and my own cookie making virginity and lack of materials is what made me suffer. Whats that? Why yes, I did say "cookie making virginity". Before these snickerdoodles, I had never made cookies before (unless you count the pre-made dough from Pillsbury, but I dont so my virginity still stands. Consider the Pillsbury cookies my masturbation baking).

So I guess now this is the part where I rewrite the recipe and post step-by-step photos of each direction to make the cookie, but I honestly dont think you need to see that (and I forgot to take pictures so many times during the steps). So instead Im just going to give you my opinion of the cookies.

They were good, but not great. They were very tender, and almost melted in your mouth, but the flavor was predominantly that of a sugar cookie. Those wanting a bit more cinnamon twang, I suggest mixing some in with the flour before assembling the cookie. Also, the recipe says to make balls and flatten them down, but as the dough was very sticky for me, even with prepped hands, the balls stuck to my fingers and constantly shifted the parchment paper.

As I said, I dont know whether my issues with these cookies were the recipe or my own lack of experience, so I suggest you try them yourself but maybe with some revisions. 3/5 stars for me.

My dough balls arent exact "balls" per se

Flattened


Cooling. I have no rack so I have to make do =p

No comments:

Post a Comment